Thursday, February 17, 2011

Well, this is hopeful, indeed.

Just to keep up the habit, I blog again, after a mere 15 hour hiatus. I just received my first email of interest from Clever Learn Language School and have confirmed an interview this Tuesday. Looks are everything, so we're told, here in Asia, so I'll try to look very nerdy, serious and mature. Maybe I'll get a pair of faux glasses.
In fact, I think glasses serve the purpose, in addition to convincing others of one's high intelligence, of making the wearer her/himself feel smarter. This could mean, by way of the psychological support glasses provide, people with glasses really are smarter. This coupled with the fact that (and this is a long held theory of mine) glasses-wearers are formerly child readers, who squinted and strained in those formative years while their eyes were not yet ready for such heavy use. Meanwhile, their young brains feasted and fathomed and, hence, made quicker adult minds, despite the eyes' suffering.
But does reading make us the smarter? And, more importantly, does the smarter make the better? I'll tell you what: we all feel pretty far from smart in our Vietnamese class, in which we have a test. I'll try the glasses.
Tonight, MSTRKRFT plays at a bar called Lush. I'm curious to check it out, especially with a cover of what would be $5 in the states. Another post for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment